What's in the Box?
Learn to Read Second Grade
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Second Grade is based on research, approved by the Children's Reading Foundation, and designed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned authors, and most importantly, parents. Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Second Grade features more complex stories and use of helper words. Each unit concludes with a storybook specially written to support the skills children have learned so far in the program--and this is a book they can read to you proudly, on their own! Each lesson takes only about 20 minutes a day.
Tutorial - Easy to use, based on research, designed by teachers and parents. See how Learn to Read works.
See our tutorial >
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Second Grade covers long vowels, r-controlled vowels, y at the end of a word, two-syllable words, diphthongs, complex consonant blends, wr- and kn-, and soft c and g .Learn to Read Second Grade includes:
- 6 original storybooks that feature an exciting range of beautifully illustrated stories
- 2 storybooks by award-winning children's book authors Michelle Knudsen and Carolyn Crimi
- 2 workbooks that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 2 DVDs filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 sets of stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success